Director of Environmental & Energy Efficiency Branch
Rohaiza binti Abdul Aziz
Environmental & Energy Efficiency Branch,
Tingkat 23, Menara PJD,
No 50, Jalan Tun Razak,
50400 Kuala Lumpur.
Phone : 03-26187701
Fax : 03-40411988
E-mail :Alam [at] jkr.gov.my
Environmental & Energy Efficiency Branch composed of multidisciplinary and dedicated expertise with a passion in implementing the Environmental and Energy Policy for a sustainable development of the country.
Environmental & Energy Efficiency Branch strives to develop the quality and environmental and energy services to meet the objective of JKR and majorly referred department. Environmental & Energy Efficiency Branch is also devoted to implementing environmental quality management system and energy efficient and sustainable.
- Guarantee aspects of environmental management are remained to and implemented in
- construction projects under the supervision of JKR, and also makes appropriate instructions, manual updating and environmental management system procedures MS ISO 14001 JKR.
- To be a source of reference and as an advisor in the field of environmental engineering expertise.
- Create awareness to protect and conserve the environment to every member of JKR in particular and the public in general.
- Reduce wasteful use of energy for the JKR projects.
- Applying the concept and characteristics of the overall energy efficiency in the design passively and actively.
- Reducing Carbon footprint.
- Save operating and maintenance expenses.
Environment and Energy Branch is dependable for ensuring that development projects handled by the JKR do not have a negative impact on the environment. The functions of the Environment and Energy Branch are as follows:
- Provide environment expert advice to the client.
- Conduct audits of the environmental management system implementation MS ISO 14001 in PWD projects
- Monitor the work implementation on site in terms of environmental management while ensuring compliance with recommendations on mitigation and ensuring the effectiveness of the proposals to mitigate it.
- Raise awareness to protect and conserve the environment to every citizen of the JKR.
- To provide support services in administration, finance and human resources.
- Provide professional input of the environment, energy efficiency (KT) and renewable energy (RE) to top management, the branches and state JKR.
- Advice on alternative land surface protection with the use of plants and natural resources.
- Serve to control the sound management of the vehicles on the road, acoustic treatment for buildings and indoor environmental quality (IEQ).
- Formulate environmental and energy policy for department and to plan and implement an environmental management system ISO14000 and energy efficiency standards (KT) and renewable energy (RE) MS 1525: 2001, Guidelines & Regulation Standards and Economic Planning Unit Cost (2005).
- Plan and manage energy consumption in government buildings and implement programs / initiatives energy efficiency standards (KT) and renewable energy (RE) as well as cooperation with local agencies, regional and international.
- Human capital development in the environment, energy efficiency (KT) and renewable energy (RE).
- Introduce technology and innovation energy efficiency standards (KT) and renewable energy (RE) in the tropical building, design, construction and energy management.